Interfaces to third party providers
DigiMember is NO payment provider! In order to deliver your paid memberships automatically, you have the possibility to connect DigiMember to external payment providers. For this purpose, appropriate interfaces are available for integration.
DigiMember has interfaces to the following payment providers:
- DigiStore24 (direct connection possible - recommended!)
In addition, it is possible to add further payment providers generically if the corresponding prerequisites are met by the payment provider (e.g. server to server notification). Please note that this is only an option for advanced users, usually programming skills are required. We do NOT offer support for the generic connection.
Add payment provider
To add a payment provider click on "Payment provider " in the DigiMember menu. Then click on the link "Add payment provider ". ATTENTION: This step is not necessary if you connect DigiMember to DigiStore24!
Now select a payment provider from the drop-down menu.
After you have selected a payment provider, instructions on how to proceed appear directly on the page.
DigiStore24 (direct connection)
To use the direct connection with DigiStore24 do NOT click on "Add" but on the link "Connect to Digistore24 now"!
You will then be directed to the Digistore24 website. If you don't have an account yet you can create one HERE. If you already have a Digistore24 account, you have to enter your access data and click on Login.
Afterwards you will return to your WordPress Dashboard, to the paymen providers and see that DigiMember is now connected to Digistore24.
Adding Stripe as a payment provider
Stripe is the latest payment provider that was integrated into DigiMember. Here you can find a short step-by-step introduction on how to set the connection between DigiMember and Stripe up.
- Open the payment provider settings in your DigiMember plugin and click on "add new"
- Select Stripe from the list and click "Apply changes" below to create the notification URL.
- Copy the notification URL to your clipboard
- log into Stripe (if you do not already have an account with Stripe, you will need to create and activate one first)
- click Developers > Webhhoks and create a webhook with the copied notification url. Select the types 'charge.refunded', 'charge.succeeded' and 'charge.failed' for the Webhook.
Click (in Stripe) on Developers > API keys and copy your secret Stripe key.
in DigiMember paste the key into the "Secret Key" field.
select your desired product identification method in DigiMember
"Order/Product" means that for each of your Stripe products, you determine which DigiMember product will be unlocked.
"Manual" means that the same product will be activated for each Stripe order.
"Metadata" allows you to unlock using metadata defined in Stripe.
As standard settings we recommend to use "Order/Product" analog to other payment provider integrations.
- If you use "Order/Product", open the settings of your products in Stripe (Orders > Products) and create here for each product (at least) one SKU. This can be created by clicking the small button "Add SKU" in the field "Inventory".
- if you want to use "Metadata", you can also create them in Stripe in the settings of your product under (Orders > Products) and then copy them accordingly.
copy the matching Product SKU / Metadata (depending on your identfication method) and paste it into DigiMember
Hit the save button in DigiMember and your configuration is already finished!